As the weather gets warmer a refreshing iced coffee sounds better and better, so we wanted to share with you a simple iced pour-over recipe that you can make from home with a Chemex, Kalita, or V-60.
- Grind - Coarser than espresso but finer than medium drip, about somewhere right in the middle of the two.
- Total Brew Time: 2 minutes and 15 seconds for a single batch.
- Coffee to Water Ratio: This can be a little tricky because you have to compensate for ice melting. We recommend using 200 grams of Ice and 200 grams of hot water for 20 grams of coffee.
What You'll Need:
- Coffee ( We recommend our newest arrival Ethiopia Suke Quto Daannisa.😉)
- Goose Neck Kettle
- Ethier a Chemex, V-60, or Kalita
- Paper Filter
- Boil your water, it best to use water right off the boil.
- Grind your coffee.
- Rinse your paper filter.
- Fill your carafe, Chemex, or glass with 200 grams of ice.
- Pour coffee in the paper filter and tare out scale.
- Start the timer and begin to pour the hot water, pour in about 35 grams of hot water, just enough to wet the grounds, then wait 30 sec for coffee to bloom.
- Continue pouring in circular motions until you reach 200 grams.
- Let drain, and enjoy.